Wednesday 28 November 2012

Needle Drag Mani

Hello!

I was inspired by this picture to do a needle drag mani. I modified it a little to make it my own version of a needle drag/swirly marbled mani.


-I used NK Nail Enamel in "Crystal Clear" as my base coat, then applied two coats of Kleancolour's "Retro Green" polish. It only needed one coat to be opaque but I added a second coat so my nail wouldn't show through if the needle scraped the top layer of polish off.
-I applied blobs of the other colours randomly over my nails. This step has to be done fairly quickly so the polish will stay wet enough to marble nicely without turning into clumps so I recommend doing one nail at a time. The colours used are Colour Club's "Emerald Depths," Sinful Colours' "Love Nails" and "Let's Talk," a polish by N.Y.C. which no longer has a label (a pale shimmery blue) and a few dots of Jordana's "Yellow Energy."
-I used a pin to drag and swirl the colours together. I used the side of the pin more than the tip itself, and at some points I mixed the colours together rather than just swirling them in sharper lines.
-About a minute after finishing, I gently pressed on the nails with my fingers to try to flatten the peaks that had formed during the needle drag.
-I applied top coat to smooth the look out. I didn't wait long enough for all the polish to dry so there are bubbles in the top coat. The next time I do this, I'll also add a second coat of top coat since one wasn't enough to smooth it out properly.






Happy polishing!

6 comments:

  1. Oh I havent tried needle drag yet! this is very lovely Vee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Naomi! You should try it- it's a nice solution for those days when you can't choose a colour. lol

      Delete
  2. That is so pretty, love the colors, plus never even heard of a needle drag before! Also, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award!! It's a great way for us bloggers to get to know one another. Check out the link below to read more about it!


    http://beautyismerciless.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steveinie! I love the idea behind this award, and it was so nice of you to nominate me!!

      Delete
  3. So pretty! Reminds me of a mermaids tail x x x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...